1. Online Reservation: All reservation requests are subject to confirmation. Children are welcome. Your reservation will normally be processed within 24 hours once we have confirmed receiving it. The reservation is a booking enquiry only and you will be notified by us once your application has been accepted. Confirmation of your booking will only be given by us once we receive your booking deposit.
2. Minimum Night Bookings: Three consecutive night bookings are required (Low and Mid Season only). A seven night minimum stay applies at all Gorman & Gray Holiday properties during peak season for all bookings, unless otherwise specified.
3. Booking Deposit and Balance: A booking deposit of $500 is due and payable immediately upon booking. The initial booking deposit will be charged to your credit card. The balance may be paid either by direct deposit or charged to your credit card. We only accept Direct Deposit payments for the balance of the booking if we are informed by you in writing prior to the balance due date otherwise the balance of booking shall be charged to your nominated credit card on the due date. The balance of the funds must be paid at least 30 days prior to your arrival date. If you book within four weeks of your arrival the total balance i.e. 100% is immediately due. The balance of funds for bookings during peak season are payable 60 days prior to arrival.
4. Payment Terms: Until your booking deposit is received by us your booking is not secured nor confirmed. Payment must be made, in Australian dollars. The balance of payment will be charged to the same credit card that was used to pay the deposit (unless we are informed otherwise), at least 30 days prior to your arrival (during Low and Mid Season) and at least 60 days prior to your arrival for bookings during peak season. We only accept Visa or Mastercard or Direct Deposit as agreed. All credit card transactions (excluding any unused Security Deposit amounts) will incur a bank merchant fee of 2.0% for Australian credit cards and 3.0% for International credit cards. You must only provide credit card details for which you are authorised to use.
5. Security Deposit (Bond): A Security Deposit (Bond) is payable on all bookings. The amount of $1,000 is pre authorised on your nominated credit card prior to you accessing the property. This will be used to cover incidental items such as (but not limited to): Any breakages or damage at or to the property incurred during your stay; any excessive cleaning charges, above the normal level of cleaning, due to the property being left in an unacceptable state; or, recovery of payment for any other additional services required to be performed to bring the property back to the state and condition it was in prior to your entry into the property. The pre authorisation charge shall be released in full or in part depending on recovery of any incidental items by the bank approximately 7 – 10 days from the commencement of your stay and we have inspected the property. We will inform you of any incidental costs as soon as we are aware of any and supply you with a tax invoice for any costs withheld from your Security Deposit where necessary. Where the Security Deposit is insufficient to cover the total of any such incidental costs, you will be liable for these additional costs and agree to pay us the additional balance as soon as practical after being advised of such costs.
6. Cancellations: All cancellations must be advised in writing. Should you cancel your booking, your deposit, less a 20% administration fee, will be refunded to you up to one calendar month prior to your arrival date, with the exception of bookings during peak season wherein 60 days notice is required. Once final payment is due (30 or 60 days whichever is applicable) no refund is applicable unless a substitute booking can be generated for the property on the same dates and this is at the absolute discretion of the Owner of the Property. If a substitute booking is taken the refund to you shall be less the cancellation fee. If no suitable booking can be generated then the full tariff shall be forfeited. No refund will be given for early or unscheduled departures. No refund will be given for cancellations due to poor weather conditions. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance to cover you in the event of an unforeseeable cancellation.
7. Guest Details: By signing and accepting these Terms and Conditions you will be the Registered Guest. The registered guest’s name must exactly match the name provided at the time of booking. The registered guest must supply a mobile phone number which ensures they can be contactable when occupying the residence 24/7 for security purposes. The registered guest is responsible for the property and its contents for the entire period of your booking and will be liable for all breakages and damages however caused by any guest or visitors regardless of whether you are present or not at the time the damage occurs. It is the responsibility of the registered guest named in the booking confirmation to ensure all guests and visitors are aware of the terms and conditions. All booking variations and cancellations must be made by the registered guest only.
8. Occupancy Limits: You agree to supply us with the number of all guests who will be residing at or visiting the property during your stay. The number of guests visiting the property must never exceed the number of guests confirmed on your reservation form. There are no exceptions unless we approve additional guests in writing. This is an occupational, health and safety issue relating to fire safety, sanitation and hygenie issues and properties may be checked for compliance. At our discretion you may be charged for any additional guests found to have been at the property during your booking at $100.00 per person per day.
9. No Schoolies bookings are permitted or bookings for groups under 25 years of age. This excludes family bookings travelling with children under 18 years of age.
10. Property Information: Whilst every care is taken with description and representation of the property, should the property be booked sight unseen and is not up to expectation no refund will be issued. Whilst every care is taken with the presentation, representation, and maintenance of the property the agent will not be responsible for any electrical appliances, furniture, or inventory items that may become faulty during the course of the stay.
11. Linen & Servicing: Linen is only provided complimentary for bookings of 7 nights or more. Linen can be arranged as an optional extra with your booking, and charged at a rate of $30 per single bed and $60 per double/queen or king bed. Otherwise you are required to bring sheets (top and bottom), pillow cases, towels, hand towels, bath mats and tea towels. Please refer to the property description of your booked property for exact bedding configuration linen requirements. All properties otherwise supply good quality doonas, doona covers, pillows and blankets for your comfort. The Property will not be serviced during your stay unless you have pre-booked housekeeping services seven working days prior to your arrival. This can be arranged at an extra fee and includes surface cleans of bathrooms, kitchens and linen changeover.
12. Arrival/Departure Times: Arrival time is after 3pm, with departure by 10am. This must be strictly adhered to unless otherwise agreed in writing with us. No early arrivals or late departures are permitted during Peak Season. The Property must be vacated by the departure time. If additional cleaning is required above general cleaning then a minimum cleaning charge at $50.00 per hour + GST will be charged.
13. Guest compendium: A full book of instructions is supplied at each property detailing user instructions for appliances and amenities. Staff members are available during office hours to assist you in required.
13. No Party Policy: Our holiday homes are located in quiet neighbourhoods. A strict no party policy applies. We ask you keep noise to a minimum after 10pm and ensure that music is turned down prior to this time for the comfort and privacy of neighbours. If you breach these terms and there is a Security Callout a $100+GST deduction will be charged with each security or caretaker callout. A security callout will occur if we receive a complaint about noise and/or behavior and we are unable to contact you on the mobile phone number provided. A second complaint will result in immediate departure and the Security Deposit will be retained.
14. No Smoking Policy: All properties are smoke free inside. There are no exceptions to this. Any evidence of smoking or butts left at the property will result in additional charges for cleaning, steam cleaning or repairs required from smoke damage.
15. Parking: Parking is permitted only in allocated parking bays and driveways. Please do not park on the nature strip or on property garden beds/lawns. Charges apply for any damages caused by breaching these terms. There is usually limited street parking.16. Pet Policy: We only allow pets at properties as advertised (Pet Friendly) and as agreed to in writing by us. The type and number of pets must be disclosed at the time of booking, otherwise we reserve the right to terminate the booking without refund.
(a) Please bring your pet’s bed or a sheet/blanket so they have their own sleeping and resting place as they are not permitted on beds, couches or any other furniture.(b) Before departing the property you must clean up after your pet(s) thoroughly including removing any droppings from courtyards or gardens. If pet hair is found on beds, blankets, couches or cushions or any other soft furnishings guests will be liable for any necessary cleaning and steam-cleaning. If pets damage any furniture by scratching or chewing, guests will be liable for any repairs or replacements. If necessary these costs will be charged to the credit card left as Security on your booking.
(c) All pets at Gorman & Gray Holiday properties are to be flea and tick treated, fully vaccinated, and well behaved. Well behaved means under control at all times. Dogs are to be on a leash when in common areas or driveways, and are not to be left in the house/apartment, on decks/balconies, or in yards for prolonged periods of time unattended. If guests are absent from the property during the day for extended periods, they will make arrangements to have their dog attended to throughout the day. If dogs are left alone and bark constantly during the day this contravenes local noise laws, upsets neighbours and guests may be asked to vacate the property without refund.
17. Use of Pool/Spa/Tennis Court/Electronics/Audiovisual Policy (if available): If there is a pool or spa or tennis court at the property, it may only be used from 6am to 10pm. This is to keep the noise levels within the council guidelines. The same hours apply for the tennis court lighting. All pool/spa and electronic filter settings are professionally managed and maintained and are not to be altered by guests. You will be liable for additional maintenance costs should the settings or controls be changed. As a safety measure - absolutely no glassware, bottles of beer, etc, beyond the pool gate. For health and safety please minimise your time in the Spa to 15 minutes to prevent skin irritations occurring. Please do not reset or change the Audiovisual settings or its cabling. If an AV technician is required to rectify any changes that are made, the cost will be deducted from your security deposit.
18. Erecting additional equipment: Guests are at no time permitted to erect swimming pools, inflatable play equipment, shade tents, camping equipment, park caravans or such like on the property. Breaching these terms will result in eviction and forfeiture of security bond.
19. Vacating the Property: You must vacate the property in the clean state you found it on arrival. As a guide this typically includes washing all dishes, emptying the dishwasher, cleaning the BBQ and removing excess rubbish that does not fit in bins provided. Furniture is not to be moved. If the property is left in an untidy state or any furniture is moved you will be charged for damage to the furniture and flooring as a result, reasonable additional cleaning costs and the cost to hire furniture removalists to reinstate furniture to its original location. If the BBQ or Stove/Stove top is not thoroughly cleaned a $50.00+GST cleaning fee applies. The property must be left locked; if the property is left unlocked and theft occurs, guests will be liable for any missing property and change of lock costs. On departure all keys/cards and garage remote controls must be returned to one of our staff (unless alternative arrangements have been made). Should any keys/cards garage and TV remotes be missing the guest authorises the agent to debit them for the full cost of the replacements.
20. Call out Fee: Outside of office hours a minimum $100 plus GST lock out fee will be charged if guests are locked out of their property.
21. Property Damage: You must inform us immediately of any damages relating to the property and/or its contents. The property will be inspected by us as soon as practical after your departure. You will be responsible for any breakages or damage at or to the property. Any costs relating to property damage will be withheld from your security deposit and where the security deposit is insufficient to cover the total cost, you agree to reimburse us for any remaining balance owing.
22. Limitation of Liability: We do our best to ensure your booking arrangements are satisfactory, however we do not accept any liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by any events which are beyond our control including, but not limited to, incidents at the Property, owner cancellations, sale of a property, modifications made by the owner of the property that we have not been advised of, war, civil disturbance, terrorism, fire, floods, acts of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accident to or failure of machinery or equipment, maintenance requirements or industrial action.
23. Disclaimer: Whilst all care and attention is taken by us to ensure the property is maintained and configured to a high standard and conforms with the descriptions on our website and representations made by us when booking, we are not the owner of the property and act as Agent only and do not have any direct control over how the property is presented, maintained, configured or fitted out, therefore we take no responsibility for any differences, changes, modifications or out-of-service equipment at the property that we were not advised of by the Owner at the time of your booking.
24. Breaches: If you breach any of these Terms and Conditions, We reserve the right at our complete discretion and using reasonable judgement to terminate your booking and evict you from the property immediately. In such an event you will forfeit any future nights stay and we will not be liable to refund you for any forfeited nights.